First of all, I want to apologise for not posting anything lately. I’m really busy in school, working my way around assignments and papers that need to be written. I’ve been meaning to post this review earlier, but I couldn’t find the time. Sorry! The next couple of weeks will also be quite busy, but I’ll try to post once a week until it’s a bit more calm in school. Enjoy this review!
I love a splash of colour on my nails. Using a special nail effect like glitters can provide that extra bit of glamour. But they are often a real pain to remove… Enter the NYC Strip Me Off Base Coat!
NYC Strip Me Off Base Coat – How it works
For now, my nails are in a sad state: the tips tend to split and I’m currently trying to nourish them back to health with nail hardener and a tonic. Because of this, I try to give my nails some rest from time to time, going without nailpolish. Luckily, the Strip Me Off Base Coat does not damage my nails! Thanks to this special basecoat, I don’t have to worry about using too much nailpolish remover and drying out my nails. Actually, you won’t need any remover! Except for those little tiny leftovers, if you accidently didn’t paint a corner with the basecoat.
How it works?
- Apply the Strip Me Off Base Coat evenly.
- Wait until the white base coat is completely transparent.
- Paint your nails in your favourite colour and/or a special effect.
- Wait for it to dry and apply as many coats as you like, then let it completly dry.
- Tired of your nailcolour? Gently pull off the base coat.
My nails without any product on:
Applying an even coat of the Strip Me Off Base:
Almost dry… Just a little longer until it is completely transparent!
It does dry a little blotchy, but it goes away!
Painted my nails and… Tadaah!
I do want to spare you from the “chip” that comes off, so I didn’t include it in the picture. It basically looks like a piece of chipped paint. But as you can see, no damage to my nails! Even the glitter was reallyeasy to remove!
* Base Coat: NYC Strip Me Off Base Coat
* Nailcolour: CATRICE Ultimate Nail Laquer 57 Karl Says Très Chic
* Naileffect: CATRICE Luxury Lacquers 04 Lost ’n Roses
* Topcoat: Rimmel London Nail Care 5 in 1
* Easy to remove, even with glitter
* Easy to switch nailcolours
* No damage to your nails
How do you keep your nails healthy? Share your tips below!