The Liebster Award is a virtual blog award to get to know bloggers that are just starting out, by answering some questions about yourself or your blog. I was nominated by the lovely Naomi from BeautySpot!
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
– Post 11 facts about yourself
– Answer the 11 questions that your nominator gave you
– Nominate at least 2 other blogs and ask them 11 questions as well
My nominees + questions:
I’m showing a little love to the following bloggers:
Sofie from Sofie Katelijne
Delphine from Choup Choup
The ladies from Shades Of Ghent
Pauline from FairyGodmotherr
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What is your favourite Instagram photo?
3. What is your hidden talent?
4. What’s your favourite hotspot?
5. What is your tip for every beginning blogger?
6. What is your ultimate beauty secret?
7. What is your favourite social media channel and why?
8. If you could take one thing to a deserted island, what would it be?
9. What is your favourite city in Belgium, and why?
10. What do you think is the most fun about blogging?
11. What is your favourite (beauty)store?
11 Facts about myself:
1. I have a cat, Minoes. #crazycatlady
2. At home I have a make-up desk that is literally overflowing and I should really start to get rid of some things. #makeuphoarder
3. I used to absolutely hate sports, but now you can regularly find me at the gym!
4. Although being a make-up lover and beauty blogger, I rarely wear eyeshadow. I’d rather have a bold lip colour. It’s a hate/love relation really. Some days I just can’t be bothered, other days I can’t stop playing with my eyeshadow palettes.
5. I’m a Fitbit addict. Except for showering, I do not part with my Fitbit Charge Hr, ever. And now I have a white line on my wrist, because I don’t take it off while tanning…
6. Breakfast and dessert are my favourite food times. #foodie
7. I’m an only child.
8. I used to wear high heels all the time, but now I practically live in sneakers. #sneakerfreak
9. My face is naturally darker than my neck. It’s always a tough one finding foundation I’m pleased with.
10. I wrote a book when I was 10 years old! Never published, ofcourse ;)
11. I’m a BBG girl!
The Liebster Award: my questions
1. How many articles do you post per week?
I’m trying to post as regularly as I can, but I still need to find a rhythm that works for me. I try to post once a week and would love to bring that up to twice a week. Now that I’m graduated I believe I will have more time to work on posts and be more regular!
2. When did you start blogging and why?
The first blogpost on Anverelle went online on August 31th 2014. From since I was a kid, I loved reading and writing. Because I couldn’t read books in college anymore as much as I did when I was a kid, I started reading blogs. And from there my passing for reading and writing only grew!
3. What is your favourite quote?
“Little girls with dreams become women with vision.”
4. What is your beauty secret?
My beauty secret is to drink enough water, sleep enough and use the right skincare. Also, smile :-)
5. Who is your favourite blogger?
Such a difficult question, since I have so many! I’ll have to start with Annebeth from The Styling Dutchman, as she’s one of the bloggers I started following when I first logged into Bloglovin’. She’s a lovely style and beautyblogger and writes not only about fashion and beauty, but gender issues as well. A must-read! Two other favourites of mine are Serena from Beautylab and Audrey from Frassy.
6. If you could change one thing, what would it be?
When I was much younger I always wished I was a little bit taller. With my 1m55 I’m not exactly the tallest girl in the bunch, but when I got older I got over it. As nothing pops right into my mind, I think I’m safe to say I’m pretty happy with my life right now! :)
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?
I’m quite career minded at the moment, so in 10 years from now I would love to see my blog evolved into a true hotspot for beauty reviews and lifestyle articles.
8. Together with your blog, do you also have a Youtube channel? If so, why?
I’ve been thinking about starting a Youtube channel, actually! But I want to get regular with blogposts first, then see if there is the potential for a Youtube channel as well.
9. If you could meet a famous person, who would it be and why?
Emma Watson. 100%. My inner Harry Potter fan is already screaming! ;)
10. How long have you been blogging?
In August I will go into my third year of blogging. Amazing how time flies, but I’m very excited for the future!
11. Are you still studying or working?
I graduated last month so right now I’m in that blissful moment of my last grand summer vacation and I’m enjoying every second of it!